This practical training course provides an introduction to gene expression analysis by RNA- seq technology.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Define a good experiment, including experimental design and sequencing design
- Perform quality assessment of RNA-seq data, raw and processed
- Understand file formats commonly used in RNA-seq data analysis
- Gain an overview on a number of common software tools for RNA-seq data analysis and their limitations
- Learn how to work with public repositories of gene expression data
- Understand the steps from raw reads to differential expression analysis and interpretation of the results.
This course is restricted to the young researchers previously selected from IPT's research labs and to 6 candidates from the Institut Pasteur International Network. Two slots are also open for the CRG researchers.