This course explores the various advantages of using the Linux environment to work with complex or big file systems. Main commands used to create, manipulate and navigate through directories and files will be covered.
The main objective of this course is to help participants become able to achieve their upcoming high-throughput data analysis under the Linux environment.
Upon completion of this course you should:
- Understand the advantages of Linux OS vs Windows OS.
- Have a good working knowledge of Linux from a command line perspective.
- Be able to easily navigate through a directory/file system tree.
- Be able to use basic & complex command-line operations.
- Have a basic knowledge of Bash scripting.
This course is restricted to the young researchers previously selected from IPT's research labs and to 6 candidates from the Institut Pasteur International Network.