The PHINDaccess project organizes a workshop entitled “Leadership and career development”. This workshop will be held in Tunis on July 13-15, 2022. It is organized by Institut Pasteur de Tunis (IPT), the Centre for Genomic Regulations (CRG) and Institut Pasteur de Paris (IP).
The aim of this workshop is to influence and support both the present scientific work and future careers of participating group leaders. The focus will be to address the human aspects of doing science. The course will provide a nurturing frame for practical training, as well as for scientific exchange and networking. The workshop is based on learning by doing and involves role-playing, giving and receiving feedback.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Understand how to plan strategically and reach career goals more efficiently and effectively
- Improve their communications, collaboration and leadership skills
- Learn how to enable/ empower others to good science
- Improve their (self-) organizational skills
- Develop their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Exchange their experiences as leaders in science
- Learn how to better lead individual and group processes
- Be encouraged to establish and maintain a peer support group
Target audiences :
PhD students, Postdocs, Project Managers and Assistant Professors.